What has been migrated to Gradwell Cloud?
- We have considered a number of approaches for the migration of our customers from the Legacy Hosting platform to Gradwell Cloud. Initially we reviewed the possibility of a complete migration, including all of your website and email data. Unfortunately, this approach would have caused a large number of our customers websites to break and as such we needed to look at an alternative solution.
After a lot of consideration, we opted to develop a plugin for our Gradwell Cloud platform which would act as a window in which you could access your data on our legacy platform. This enabled us to migrate your account details, domains and DNS entries to the new platform while allowing us to give you visibility of the data which remains stored on our legacy platform.
We do, however, want to encourage users to move to a hosting package which is provided by the new platform, and we have endeavoured to make this commercially beneficial to the majority of our customers. While there are some limitations to this plugin, by fully migrating your data to a Gradwell Cloud package you will benefit from a variety of new features, services, and an optimised approach to hosting, in general.
I have been moved to the Gradwell Cloud control panel. Can I still do everything I could previously?
- You are able to access your data, update passwords (excluding Unix user) and edit mail forwarding rules. Unfortunately, you aren't able to add anything new; including websites, mailboxes, forwarding rules or spam filtering rules. We encourage you to sign up for a new package on Gradwell Cloud, and perform a data migration. This will give you the ability to add new websites, and much more.
Does my email and spam filtering still work, and can I edit my rules?
- Email and spam filtering will continue to function as it did prior to migration. However, you will not be able to amend your spam filtering rules.
If you sign up to a new Gradwell Cloud package you will benefit from having access to a world class spam and virus-scanning solution powered by Spamexperts to manage your spam settings.
Can I set an autoresponder on my email?
- The ability to set an autoresponder, or out of office, from the control panel is no longer possible. Once you opt for one of our new Gradwell Cloud packages with email this functionality will be available to you
When will the legacy platform be switched off and what will happen to my data?
- We are committed to getting all of our customers fully migrated to the Gradwell Cloud platform as soon as possible. The aim is to switch our legacy platform off by the end of Q3 2017. We have worked very hard to create an attractive proposition for existing customers to move to Gradwell Cloud, and take advantage of the new features. As such, we are encouraging customers to move to one of the new packages available as soon as possible, and we will do our best to assist your transition.
Your data will only be available until the final switch off of our legacy platform, hence we encourage you to migrate as soon as possible. We will give ample notice of the final switch off to any customers who still hold information on the legacy platform ahead of the servers being shut down.
How much is Gradwell Cloud?
- We have a range of packages available for our existing hosted customer. Please contact our sales team on 01225 800 808 to discuss your requirements so we can help put you on a suitable package.
Can you help me migrate to a new Gradwell Cloud package?
- Our support team is on hand to offer advice and guidance but will not touch any customer data. Our support team are not website developers and will offer a the best support possible when answering any questions you may have. We do not offer a complete migration service through our support team.
Can I obtain credit for unused hosting services on the legacy platform when I migrate?
- If you are six months into your 12 month term and you have paid upfront, please let us know when migrated and we can have this credited to your new Cloud account.
Are you looking to discontinue your Cloud Services?
- Cloud is an important and integal element of Gradwell's services. We can not stress strongly enough that we will not be discontinuing the Cloud services – quite the contrary. It's been a signidicant challenge updating our hosting packages and other Cloud services and we have invested a great deal of time, effort and money in bringing our Cloud proposition up to date. We have an exciting range of brand new packages and have partnered with some of the best Cloud companies to offer other industry leading Cloud services, including Office 365 and Acronis backup.
There is a huge company focus on bringing our Cloud portfolio up to date and grow our Cloud business inot the future. We started out 18 years ago as a hosting company, it is at the heart of who we are and we are working hard to improve and expand our Cloud presence.
Is Mailman available on Gradwell Cloud?
- Mailman is not supported in Gradwell Cloud. However, we do have Majordomo available which can be used for mailing lists.
Am I going to lose SSH access to my website if I migrate, and can I still use Cron?
- This service will remain available on your legacy account until the end of the year. However there is no way now to reset passwords, add new users etc.
On Gradwell Cloud, whilst we did initially communicate this would not be possible, we have since found a way to allow you to have access to your website content via SSH (once it has been migrated to a new Gradwell Cloud hosting plan) and the ability to add and manage your own scheduled Cron jobs on the platform.
Will my bill change?
- While the amount you pay will remain unchanged until you migrate to a new package, the look of the bill will be different. You are effectively being billed from a new platform which has a slightly different billing template and process than that you are used to. The items listed on the bill are also slightly harder to identify as the subscription doesn’t link the domain with the subscription. You can view the following support article that will explain these changes further. https://support.gradwellcloud.com/hc/en-gb/articles/212797809-Understanding-your-Bill
It should also be noted that as a company we are currently undergoing a project to update our billing platform. As such we are moving to a model where we can offer one bill across all services, so please be advised that your bill will be changing again in the coming weeks.
We wanted to roll the two changes out together to avoid too much confusion, but, due to the complexity of both projects, this became too much of a risk and as such we value your co-operation during this transition. We will send further correspondence out ahead of this further change.
Where can I find out more information on working with my new control panel?
- Please take a look at our comprehensive Knowledge Base available at http://support.gradwellcloud.com