If you are using the SpamExperts mail filtering service and someone reports that they have sent you an email but you haven't received it, it may have been held in the spam quarantine. This is for messages that the system has identified (for whatever reason) may be spam, but isn't confident enough to automatically reject the message.
The message is held in the quarantine for you to either release (so it appears in the recipient's mailbox) or remove (permanently reject).
To view your spam quarantine login to your control panel and select Virus and Spam Filtering from the top menu.
From the SpamExperts dashboard, select Spam quarantine.
The list of quarantined emails will be shown, and you can perform the following actions on them:
- Release: release the email to appear in the recipient's mailbox with no further action
- Release and train: release the email from quarantine and train the spam filter that this was a legitimate message
- Release and whitelist: release the email and whitelist that sender's address
- Remove: permanently delete with no further action
- Remove and blacklist: permanently delete and blacklist the sender
If the email that you have been told has been sent doesn't appear in the spam quarantine it may have automatically been permanently rejected - search the log to check if this is the case.