Gradwell Cloud Drive groups allow you to organise users by common traits, for example:
- Users within a team
- Users within an office
- Users with a certain job level
- Users on a project
You can then add common folder shares to the group, making user management simple. Once you have assigned a user to a group, they will inherit the folder shares appropriate for that group, saving your administrative effort.
Creating a new group
To create a group, log in to your control panel and select Gradwell Cloud Drive from the top menu.
Tip: If this link doesn't appear, you need to select your Gradwell Cloud Drive subscription from the dropdown menu in the top right hand corner of the control panel first.
Your Gradwell Cloud Drive user list will load. To open the administration portal select the Gradwell Cloud Drive CP button.
From here, select Groups.
The groups list will load. Select New group.
Enter a name for your group and select Save.
Assigning users to a group
To assign users to a group, you can either:
- select the user from the user list in the portal and click the Add groups button (within the Connected groups area)
- select the group from the groups list in the portal and click the Add users button (within the Connected users area)
Assigning corporate folders (shares) to a group
To assign shared folders to a group, you can either:
- select the group from the group list in the portal and click the Add shares button (within the Connected shares area)
- select the shared folder from the shares list in the portal and click the Add groups button (within the Connected groups area)