Most modern mobile phones support the use of email accounts. How exactly to set up your specific phone will vary by manufacturer and model, operating system and phone age, however in all cases you will need to know our server name, your login and your password.
The following will be useful when configuring your device:
- Mail protocol: if asked whether you wish to use POP or IMAP, select IMAP
- Server/host name: imap.gradwellcloud.com
- Outbound server/SMTP server: smtp.gradwellcloud.com
- Email address: the email address that people reach you on
- Login/user name: this is your control panel login to your webmail at https://controlpanel.gradwell.com. It is often the same as your email address but not necessarily. If in doubt check with your account administrator
- Password: the password that you use to login at https://controlpanel.gradwell.com. If you cannot remember this then you can use the 'forgot password?' link on the login page
Most mobile phones will have a mail configuration wizard which will assist you with setting up your email. We suggest using the IMAP protocol because it is great when accessing your mail on multiple devices - all mail is synced between your device and our servers, so any mail you read, move or delete will be replicated on our system.
If you have problems setting up your account enter that you have entered the server name (imap.gradwellcloud.com) correctly. You should also ensure that you have entered your control panel login name as the username if this is different to your email address. To check, attempt to use the same credentials to login at https://controlpanel.gradwell.com. If you are still having issues logging in then select the 'forgot password?' link on the login page.
Enter your login name on the next page and press Submit. If you get an error that your login name is not found then you need to contact your account administrator and get the correct details (see below)
If your submission is successful you will get a password reset email to your secondary email address on your account. Reset your email and then enter your login and new password into your phone.
I don't know my login name
If you don't know your login name then your account administrator will be able to assist you. Once they have logged in to their account they need to select Users from the top menu and then give you your login name from the user list.
I get an error when trying to reset my password
If you get the error:
Impossible to restore password: E-mail is not specified in account properties.
...then your account administrator has not set up a secondary email address on your user account. Without this we cannot send a password reset email, as this is used as your backup email address.
I am unable to delete mail on my iPhone/iPad
If you experience issues attempting to delete email from your Apple device please read this article.