Our Hosted Exchange service allows you to add a standard message to sent email from all mailboxes. This feature is called a company disclaimer in our control panel.
To setup the disclaimer, login to your control panel and select Exchange from the top menu.
You will see a list of the mailboxes on your account. Select More Services and then Company Disclaimers from the yellow menu.
Select Add New Disclaimer.
You need to add a Display name for the disclaimer, which will be displayed in the control panel, and choose whether the disclaimer should be added to internal email, external email or all sent email.
Once you click Next >> you can write your disclaimer. As well as adding the text, you have various configuration options:
- Location: choose whether the message appears at the bottom of the email (append) or at the start (prepend)
- Use separator: choose whether you wish to have a separator (line) between the disclaimer and the email message body
- Font: provides the choice of three fonts for the disclaimer
- Size: allows you to control the size of the disclaimer text
- Color: allows you to control the colour of the disclaimer text
- Fallback action: this allows to specify what should happen if a disclaimer can't be applied to an e-mail message. This may happen if the message is encrypted or digitally signed. The default fallback action is Wrap. The following behaviours are available:
- Wrap: if the disclaimer cannot be inserted into the original message, Exchange encloses, or "wraps", the original message in a new message envelope. Then the disclaimer is inserted into the new message. If the original message can't be wrapped in a new message envelope, the original message is not delivered. The sender of the message receives a non-delivery report (NDR) that explains why the message was not delivered
- Ignore: if the disclaimer can't be inserted into the original message, Exchange lets the original message continue unmodified. No disclaimer is added
- Reject: if the disclaimer can't be inserted into the original message, Exchange doesn't deliver the message. The sender of the message receives a non-delivery report (NDR) that explains why the message wasn't delivered
Once you have configured your message and clicked Next >>, you have the opportunity to preview the disclaimer before saving. When you are satisfied with the disclaimer click Finish.
Your disclaimer will be enabled immediately. To modify or disable it, just return to the disclaimers page and select it.
Please note, if you create more than one disclaimer that is configured to be sent to the same group, e.g. two "internal recipients" rules, both will be added to sent email.